Electrolux washing machine cutting out mid cycle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our washing machine cut out mid cycle, and now it cuts out seconds after we put it on any other cycle/spin/rinse/drain. No error code comes up, the door just unlocks. The dryer function still works fine. This has happened once before, but the washer worked again the next day.

Any idea what might be going wrong?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
The PNC number is either 914602400/00 or 914602402/00. The numbers you posted are not valid.

Sponsored Links
Neither of these numbers are on the washing machine or in the manual unfortunately (I'm in a rented flat and the washer was here before I moved in)

Thanks anyway.

Ok...not to worry. Can you post a good photo of the control panel??? It makes it easier to track the model version down & help avoid supplying you with incorrect information. Many questions I know.... :rolleyes:

The control panel can vary on this model. I will assume you have a rotary program selector (but the process is valid for all versions). You need to read the last recorded alarm in the flash memory. You can do this as follows: Turn the program selector to off - Press & hold the start button AND the first option button immediately to the left of it - Turn the program selector 1 position clockwise whilst holding the 2 buttons in (hold min 3 seconds until the led's flash - Release the buttons - Then turn the program selector slowly clockwise to position 10 - There should be an error code visible in the display; i.e: "E --". Post the error number here....

Ed4, but now it's trying to start the washing machine automatically whenever we turn the dial, and the start button flashes up red with message Ed4 when the machine stops.

Thanks

After switching it off and on again it's not trying to start cycles automatically and the error message has stopped flashing up when the machine cuts out. My impression is that the problem could be to do with the water supply, as it sounds as though it is trying to fill the machine just before it cuts out.

It was trying to "start" when you rotated the program selector because the machine was still in diagnostic mode. Turning the selector to off...then on again takes it out of diagnostic mode. I know this sounds strange but an ed4 error signals one of the following; Communication/wiring fault between main pcb & dryer board - Defective dryer board - Or a defective pcb. I would try to eliminate the first by taking off each plug from both boards (one at at time) & replace them again. If there is a bad connection this may resolve the issue. Otherwise I think I would suspect a faulty relay on the dryer board...or in the worst event a fault on the main pcb. Try taking off & replacing the plugs first, if still no-go remove the dryer board & inspect for signs of damage. Failing that remove the main pcb & inspect that for blown components/tracks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back