Emergency - Aqualisa shower not turning off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

After using our shower, the on/off control on our has stopped working. The water is still flowing, even when it’s turned fully off. I’ve had to turn off the water supply at at the stop cock for the shower in order to stop the flow.

I’ve read that they have an O ring at the back. I think this is where the water supply comes in. Could this have failed leading to the supply not turning off? If this is not the cause, can anyone offer an opinion as to what the cause might be? All advice would be appreciated.

If I need to buy a new one can anyone advise on a good place to get one on a Sunday afternoon in West London?

Thanks

Tim

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
dont know about the shower, but is there not isolating valves feeding it that you can isolate it on its own to get your water back on elswhere?

Common fault usually solved by powering on and off the processor.

Sponsored Links
dont know about the shower, but is there not isolating valves feeding it that you can isolate it on its own to get your water back on elswhere?

As this is my partner's house am still learning and have since found a stop cock for the shower, so panic partly over. Thx.

Reading on the web I've identified it as a 200 / 400 model. She tells me it's circa 20 years old. I replaced the cartridge about 6 years ago (she had a spare in the house) but didn't realise the importance of the O ring and failed to replace that at the time. If that's now gone could that cause the continuous flow? Can I just replace the O ring to cure the problem or has the cartridge failed in some way to cause this? I thought the cartridge just regulated the temperature and not the flow. Can the O ring be bought by itself to avoid paying £80+ for a new cartridge?

Again thanks if you have any answers to these questions.

Tim

you mean it is it a mixer shower, with a large round knob? Not an electrically heated or pumped shower.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back