emulsion Paint patches on ceilingu

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In attempting to paint the ceilings with white matt emulsion. I appear to get patchy paintwork. I have tried several makes of paint and even put a silk base on. but i still get patchy finish. Can any one help as i have painted one ceiling 7 times

Sponsored Links
If the ceiling is flat make sure you give it a good wash with sugar soap solution before painting, this gives a key for the paint and remove any greasy residue. If its artex the pathy appearance maybe because the pile on your roller isn't deep enough

i personaly wouldnt wash the ceiling with suger soap unless it was a kitchen ceiling that would be greasy, get a pole sander and sand it down with a fine paper thats if it a smooth ceiling. if it a smooth flat ceiling and its quite a big area try not to roll the ceiling length ways, do it width ways so you have a shorter area to get back to the wet egde. i also found in the years ive been painting that matt finish paints are a real pain to get a good even finish with no patches, specialy in this hot weather because it dries way to quick an makes the finish un even. try kool the room down if it is warm, also could be air movement witch courses it to dry un even so close the windows,so it could be either one of those.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back