emultion on concrete

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can anyone tell me how to remove great dollops of emulsion that have been dropped onto concrete when my house was painted recently, I have tried a power washer with no success, and am at a loss as to how to remove it. I would be greatful for any tips. thanks. ;)

Sponsored Links
As a DIY solution.....try a steam wallpaper stripper...might :confused: soften it

Sponsored Links
Have been on holiday, and since i got back the weather has been to bad to get on my hands and knees outside, so have put the job on hold for a little while. Will post results when they hopfully happen. thanks again for the tip. Lyndyloo.

Tututututututut......excuses excuses....

If the steamer doesnt work you could try weakacid..the type they use for cleaning down brickwork...'disclean' is a brand name.

Come on..get on with it!!!

Tutututututututut!

Meths will soften emulsion paint. You can try paint stripper but it's more effective on gloss. If it's hard, a wire brush should take it off.

was recommended to use undiluted Coke on something similiar - cant speak for the effectiveness as we moved subsequently....have never drunk the stuff since :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back