En-suite extractor fan outlet?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
OK so i thought i would board up my loft, raise joists and fix / cleanup my insulation (because the builders decided it was funny to throw it around).

I am relaying the insulation, remove a random massive chipboard in my loft and i find a fan.

I quickly work out that this fan is the one to the en-suite. I am unsure what to do as i have just discovered an extractor fan directly in my loft space!!!

Is there anything i can do to some how tunnel it outside or into the roofing out via a vent of some kind. I am unsure why its just open in the loft. All i can think of is... rotting, condensation etc and glad i found it now! and the ensuite is hardly used

Sponsored Links
You can add some ducting to the fan, or change it to an in-line fan. You can then vent it out through the soffit if you have space, or change one of your roof tiles to a vent tile and use that.

in-line fan will still produce same problem, warm moist air from shower = into loft which is not good. I have no vent or specific outlet for this, i only have the vents that are under the edges of the roof. Could i mod these vents and get some ducting from the fan to them or must i use some sort of vent into the roof/ tile space?

Could i duct it to a soffit vent on the edge of my roof space only problem is that this vent points down instead of outwards

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back