Engineered Pine Doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I have searched and searched for clear pine doors. For starters size is the problem number one. Then I don't understand what exactly is engineered door.
One local retailer told me engineered doors are constructed with modern technology using left over timber bits then veneered. Selling point is no warping no shrinking etc etc but are not as strong as solid timber.

Now all of my internal doors are solid pine 4 panel Victorian all different width sizes. I need 3 doors 78" high 27" 5/16 wide, 31" wide and 31 3/4" wide. I have visited every joinery shop locally and they all say the same thing engineered doors are crap. Unless I get a sized door. Trimming oversize doors will weaken the doors. The problem is the doors are warped with a dozen coats of paint. They need replacing. Is there a way around this nagging problem.

Sponsored Links
Trimming oversize doors does not weaken them [unless taking unrealistic amounts off] and is standard practice.Doors are available in 28 inch and 32 inch which will accomodate the sizes you mention.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back