Entertainment centre for the living room quote?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Just wanted to ask if anyone has any idea how much a quote would be to get an entertainment centre built in my living room.

The ones I have seen online are either too big or too small and just don't quite cut it.

It would be 220cm x 40cm x 186cm.

I have posted an image to give you an idea.

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_1659.PNG
    IMG_1659.PNG
    402.4 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_1660.PNG
    IMG_1660.PNG
    321.6 KB · Views: 114
Sponsored Links
What wood? carpenters seem to charge about £170 per day. There is probably a days work there and £100 worth of materials if pine, chipboard or ply, English Oak another £300

Thanks motorbiking, was thinking of oak veneered ply or mdf, hate chipboard, just seems to fall apart.

Maybe worth getting some quotes then, this one is £600 on wayfair, it would be pretty much perfect but it's out of stock!

Thanks again!

Sponsored Links
i'd trawl ebay and with the change buy myself a media player and flog my dvd collection.

which means you don't then need such a big unit.

You don't need a media player if you have a pc/mac just stream direct to tv.

Thanks for your help, may look at a low profile stand, and then shelving above and maybe to the side, hopefully if I employ a chippy to do it he will make a good job of it!

What wood? carpenters seem to charge about £170 per day. There is probably a days work there and £100 worth of materials if pine, chipboard or ply, English Oak another £300
So in your most favorable scenario you think you'd get that built for £270? You're dreaming!

The OP posted an idea of what he wanted. If using sheet materials I reckon 3 maybe 4 boards (3 * 405mm x 2,400mm boards from each) - so £80-120 (MDF 18mm is £78.12 retail from my local timber place), if using finished ready furniture board, then you need another £100-150 in materials, but then you don't need a chippie to cut something that is only slightly more complex than flat pack. A lot of timber merchants have cutting services. Rather than pull out draw units, I'd probably buy a kitchen draw kit and just use a facia. You can get those for £15-20 each.

So yeah £300 is not wildly off.

No chance.

Anyway @ the OP I'd wait for your flatpack one to be back in stock unless you have deep pockets, at least you'll be able to dismantle it and take it with you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back