EP2000 Replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Managed to confuse myself, not difficult at the moment.

Basically I have an electrician round and one of the jobs is to replace the current programmer with one that gives a few more options.

I'm not sure what to replace with though.

We have gravity HW and pumped CH, a mid position valve. Also have an old mechanical stat in the living room.

Ideally we want something that lets us control the HW and CH timing independantly, maybe an extra time zone.

I was looking at Horstmann H21XL channel plus but not sure now I've looked at this link

http://www.horstmann.co.uk/downloads/ElectronicDocuments/Central-Heating/H21-27-27ZXL-ISeries2.pdf

Looking at the 6 wiring diagrams which is relevant to my system???

Any help appricated.

Sponsored Links
You can't split the timing arrangement or have independent control of your heating unless you complete pipework alterations to the system

Your're off to a bad start, as having a 3 port valve you do not have gravity hot water but a fully pumped system.
The 4th diagram would seem appropriate if you have a mid pos valve.

Thanks for the prompt replies.

Just checked in the airing cupboard, and def have a mid position valve. So if it's fully pumped is that better for what we want I.e. seperate timing for HW and CH?

Don't want to change the programmer if there is no benefit other than a slightly more appealing plastic box on the wall :)

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
OK - so bought the new programmer. Got a sparky in, and it doesn't work.

Wired it up correctly. Tried the hot water and it flicked on and off rapidly, and the CH wouldn't fire the boiler.

If the HW off connection was removed the HW would work off the stat, but still no CH, but, I suspect ths was due to the 3 port valve effectively acting as a 2 port? Hence the stat switched the HW on/off and nothing for CH.

Cannot see a way to get this to work. Put the old one back on and both HW and CH work fine. So clearly the old programmer does something the new one does not

Not sure what to do now.

Sorted it.

No idea what's different. must have been a loose connection or something as wired in as before and now works.

Thanks!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back