Erecting concrete post up to existing concrete post?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My brother has got to me to help him putting up a small fence at the front of his property, its only 3 panels in length so we are only erecting 4 post

The new post will be sat right next to the neighbours existing 'smaller' concrete post. Now my brother and the neighbours do not speak after a long dispute over something (actually none of the neighbours get on with this guy)

Because his posts are smaller my brother tried to dig down and hit the concrete from neighbours post.

Is there any way in which we can set this post against his, not sure if we can bolt it and use some concrete as security at the footing.
I have drawn up a little sketch to try and give an idea of what i'm describing. The fence isnt that tall, its just that the neighbours fence is rather tiny!

Any help or ideas much appreciated about this

Untitled-1.jpg

[/img]

Sponsored Links
If this is being done on the boundary and the neighbours post foundations are on your land then you can& need to chisel the concrete away on your side of the post to expose it enough to concrete yours in beside it.

A hard job but if thats where the post needs to go, thats where it needs to go :D
You cannot use the neighbours posts as support for yours, unless you get written permission, otherwise some time later they could remove theirs & yours will fall down.

I had an idea that would be the only around it. Thanks for the info, i'll hand my brother the chisel then :LOL:

Sponsored Links
And then use some postcrete & it should be sorted before they can complain.

:D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back