Essex Flange

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How do I get an Essex flange into a cylinder, I know I can get a Surrey Flange, but I am curious to know the correct way of putting in an Essex flange?

Thanks

V

Sponsored Links
allenvb said:
How do I get an Essex flange into a cylinder, I know I can get a Surrey Flange, but I am curious to know the correct way of putting in an Essex flange?
They come with instructions. They're a lot more trouble to fit than a Surrey flange, and not as reliable nyver.

They come with instructions. You drain a bit of water out of the tank, then you fit them in less than 3 minutes. You just drill a hole with a holesaw then screw it in. Join a piece of pipe to it first - easier to hold still then.

If you want a godawful piece of junk which you can't get to point in the right direction and makes you alter a load of pipework and then provides you with a restricted supply to your taps AND your shower, use a Surrey flange by all means.

A warix flange is like a surrey but designed by someone with more than one brain cell, easy to align and the pipes are in the right places (ie same as before)

Sponsored Links
Thanks Chris - I got my Essex and Surrey the wrong way round - never was that good at geography :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back