Estimated consumption for Greenstar 38CDi

I have fitted 180 or so Evohomes in the last year and two months. Whilst it is not perfect there aren't any issues with it cycling. Before that we were a Hometronic installer, which is basically the same thing but with more complexity.

You have specified it and the boiler; I'm also assuming you have fitted at least one of the two yourself, and as Dan says, at the moment Honeywell don't really support untrained installs. They have some very clever people at Bracknell but you have to be put through to the right department.

A simple fact is that you can't destroy energy, you simply move it from one place to another. So if think your boiler is wasting £100s, ask yourself where it is all going to.

I put in a new Worcester 40Kw late last year, with 30 Evo actuators inc 5 UFH zones. Customer had bought and extended the house late last year and doubled the floor area with a huge ground floor open plan extension with vaulted ceilings, big windows etc.

I got an email from him last month saying the boiler was using the same amount of gas as the last one, saying I'd told him the new boiler and Evo would save gas.

I had to remind him that his house was twice the size of last year, and the gas price has gone up - so it was actually quite impressive.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back