Euro Cyilnder removal assistance....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I've been trying to help a friend in changing her basic Euro Cylinder to a more secure Anti Snap variants.

The front door no problem - old one out; new one in.

The back door I'm struggging with.

Removed the Cylinder locking screw but something is stopping the cylinder sliding out. I've spent ages carfeully locking/unlocking with the key to try and get the latch lined up but to no avail.

Looking down the side of the cynlinder (small gap) I can see ther latch move around and carefully feeling wth a smaller screwdriver through the locking screw hole I'm pretty certain it isn't the latch that is catching as I can "feel" it rotate to vertical.

Any ideas at all please ?

[Edit] It is a Gege lock should that make any difference.

Thanks.

Fredrick.

Sponsored Links
Have you tried removing it the with the key in the lock, helps to jiggle it about a bit.

Thanks for the reply - yup; with, without, jiggled and jiggled some more with no luck.

I loosened some of the adjacent fixing screws/bolts to give a little more movement to the actual "lock frame" in case something was just catching but I've struggled to slide it out.

As there is really only the Cam slot for anything to catch on to and stop it sliding out I'm struggling to see what the issue is :(

I'm pretty certain the cam/latch is vertical

Fred.

have you tried taking the handles off sometimes there is a collar round the barrel to prevent snapping and you will be able to see better with them off anyway

Sponsored Links
Removed the Cylinder locking screw but something is stopping the cylinder sliding out. I've spent ages carfeully locking/unlocking with the key to try and get the latch lined up but to no avail.

Realise this is an old thread I started last year but whilst browsing the forum recently thought I would just at least close the case for the benefit of anybody in the future who comes across it...

There was a "Security Housing" surrounding the basic cylinder - quite a hefty two part casting pulled/secured together by one Allen key screwed from the internal side.

The cylinder had two dowel pins though the body that stopped it coming out of the housing. Removed the Allen Key, the two part casting them split with and the cylinder came out as expected.

Whilst not an anti snap cylinder the housing would provide additional security as it wouldn't have been as easy to snap and had it done so wouldn't have withdrawn from the external side.

Might help somebody sometime ?

FF.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back