Euro Meridian Alarm Fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Euro Meridian alarm system (circa 2003) that has thrown up an alarm fault "call engineer low volts 100", the alarm tamper light is also illuminated.
The battery checks out at about 13.5 volts and the voltage into the circuit board from the mains transformer is 20V (mains all OK). The board is a version V3.12.

Is there a fault on the alarm and if so what should I do to rectify it (Castle Alarms have a technical site but do not allow numpties to look at the information on it)? Is there an engineer code to clear the fault?

Anybody any ideas please?

Thermoking

Sponsored Links
You need a new battery.

INDICATIONS ASSOCIATED WITH ENGINEER MENU
Low Volts =
Power Supply Volts Low =
Battery Volts below normal 'battery fault' level during mains failure

Thanks for the info, I will get a replacement battery. Will the alarm fault LED and the 'call engineer' message then disappear or do I have to enter an 'engineer code' to reset the alarm? If so does anybody know the engineer code (I know the 'manager code for this system)?

many thanks

Thermoking

try it and see.

it depends how the panel has been programmed. the other thing is no one but the installer can tell you what the engineers code is because the installing engineer should always change the engineers code to that of the company he is working for.

Sponsored Links
Many thanks for the reply, I did ask the original alarm installer if they would come and check out the fault before I posted this note but they wanted £90 call out-plus parts (Securifix).
I did speak to someone regarding the 'manager code' for this type of alarm and he suggetsed trying 9999 or 8888 etc, and guess what - it worked.

I will get the new battery and see what happens.

Regards

Thermoking

Thermoking,
We are experiencing the same scenario as you. We need to replace the battery but want to know if we can do that ourselves or if it has to be done by an engineer. Reluctant to spend £100+ price quoted for an engineer call out (exc parts) when all that is required is a new battery.
How did you get on?
regards
BB

I purchased a new battery from Screwfix (check the existing battery rating and physical size to make sure that you get the correct one). Took the back of the alarm junction box (this sets off a tamper alarm on the main alarm panel), put in your alarm code to silence this.
Take out the old battery and replace with new and replace the alarm junction box back panel. This did not clear the fault, so I spoke to an alarm engineer who told me to enter the code '5190' on the key pad, this checks all systems and re-sets any fault codes.
The alarm fault disappeared and the alarm functions normally!

Hope this helps.

Thermoking

Thanks Thermoking, we got a replacement battery and fitted it and all is now back in order! No need to call out the engineer.
:D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back