Eurocal Oil-Fired Combi Boiler Parts - Urgent Help Please?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hopefully someone can tell me where I can get a diverter valve for a eurocal 70/90 combil boiler. I live in Scotland and my dad who is 75 lives in North Wales, so popping down to help sort anything is a nightmare and he has had problems with his boiler and the engineer has told him he needs a diverter valve but can't source one and the next option is to replace the boiler at a cost of £2k-£3k allegedly!

.....surely there must be somewhere he can get this part?....can someone post me a link direct to the part (not just a random parts website). Thanks folks, I hate the idea someone may be trying to rip off a 75yr old pensioner!

Sponsored Links
The engineer says he can't supply the part and has offered the option of a new boiler. Most people would then, as you have, try elsewhere. I don't understand how anyone is being 'ripped off'.

Hopefully someone can tell me where I can get a diverter valve for a eurocal 70/90 combil boiler. I live in Scotland and my dad who is 75 lives in North Wales, so popping down to help sort anything is a nightmare and he has had problems with his boiler and the engineer has told him he needs a diverter valve but can't source one and the next option is to replace the boiler at a cost of £2k-£3k allegedly!

.....surely there must be somewhere he can get this part?....can someone post me a link direct to the part (not just a random parts website). Thanks folks, I hate the idea someone may be trying to rip off a 75yr old pensioner!

Although I am not familar with the the eurocal combi I would think
it should be a standard central heating 3 port valve.
If not www.turkingtonengineering.com are the makers of the current eurocal
range I am sure they could supply the part.
Get a different engineer at the worst the 3 port valve can be switched to
hot water mode manually and therefore work like this temporarily.

Failing this simply add an unvented cylinder and using the boiler
as a plain heat source to heat a hot water tank rather than combi.
Personally I wouldn't recommend a combi boiler for the older people
as a separate tank gives hot water backup in case of boiler failure.

looking at the MIs for this boiler the diverter looks very similar to the divertor used on some grant models. using a giannoni type diverter. a very common manufacturer of diverter valves for many models of boilers. as mentioned ring the manufacturer. youll probably find the thing only needs a diaphragm.

Sponsored Links
It is Identical to the Diverter valve used on the Grant Combi 70 & 90 MkII
easily obtainable try Partscenter!!! - the old Eurocal is virtually a copy of a Grant MkII (just nowhere as good!) ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back