European to UK plug rewiring?

The same thing happened to my missus GHD's. She is a mobile hairdresser so it was getting embarrassing having to hold the cable by the plug to enable them to heat up.

Was a bit concerned at the change of the 2 pin to a 3 pin with no earth. I cut the cable a couple of inches short of the EU 2 pin plug, wired up a UK 3 pin, and Bobs ya fathers brother...sorted.

The cable had a brown and blue. It looked like the blue was heading towards the live on the old plug, but I couldn't be sure, so used the blue as the Neutral and the brown as the Live (as it should be).

Works fine.

Failing that...my missus bought some Philips Tresemme Sonic Pulse Straighteners (HP4666/07) for £50. You can get them from Argos and they have had good reviews.

Pimp :D

Sponsored Links
Another interesting thing I spotted when I cleared Dad's house. He had a rental TV and when I unplugged it the rental company had pushed the shutters back with a screwdriver in the earth hole of a 13amp socket and forced the 2 pin plug into the L & N holes.

pimp - I imagine that after 2½ years the OP has sorted the problem, one way or another..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back