Even the UN recognises the dishonesty of the Brexit campaign

I'm not sure whether to put this here or in the jokes section:
In such a febrile atmosphere Whitehall is likely to recruit some negotiators from other countries.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-37190357
This is to negotiate our way out of the EU.
We don't have enough UK negotiators so we're going to be using some immigrants. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

As its from the bbc its probably best in the jokes section. Its no wonder you post so much nonsense reading that stuff.

Sponsored Links
The title should clearly read

"Even the UN recognises the dishonesty of the Brexit EU Referendum campaign"

...because that is what the article states. There was a good deal of divisive comment and rhetoric on both sides of the argument, granted the xenopobia was one sided. Just as now, post referundum, there is a responsibilty of all MP's to tackle the xenophobic behaviour of the vocal minority. And they are the minority.

Nozzle
I wouldn't disagree with your sentiment, although that specific phrase wasn't in the article, neither was the phrase that I used.
As I said, I wouldn't disagree with your sentiment except that the UN report was particularly highly critical of ""Divisive" and "anti-immigrant" rhetoric by UK politicians during the EU referendum helped to fuel a spike in race hate crimes in the weeks before and after the vote, a UN body has said."
That was hardly the fault of the remain side.

The government's and therefore the Remain contribution was:
"It said the UK government's anti-terrorism Prevent strategy had created "an atmosphere of suspicion towards members of Muslim communities"."
Whereas other parties were:
"It said prominent political figures had "failed to condemn" racist abuse and created prejudices during the campaign.
The report expressed concerns at the negative portrayal of immigrants in the UK and a rise of racist online abuse.
It said the EU referendum campaign had been marked by "divisive, anti-immigrant and xenophobic rhetoric".
Members also said they remained concerned at the "negative portrayal" of ethnic minority communities, immigrants, asylum-seekers and refugees in the UK, including coverage by the media."

It doesn't take much to work out the worst offenders.

I think that's a pretty damning report on the Brexit campaign.

Mud slinging on both sides. There are always massive untruths and inaccuracies. The news reported comes at us AT ALL TIMES from some biased angle of one kind or another. I think it's primarily a case of sore losers that can't get over the fact their stream of media propaganda bullsh1t was not as convincing to people as the other sides.

...because that is what the article states. There was a good deal of divisive comment and rhetoric on both sides of the argument, granted the xenopobia was one sided. Just as now, post referundum, there is a responsibilty of all MP's to tackle the xenophobic behaviour of the vocal minority. And they are the minority.

Nozzle

The brexit campaigners lies pales into insignificance in comparison to what the remainers did, with the government in cahoots with eu leaders and other powerful lobby groups to dupe the people.
Its been a fantastic result.

Sponsored Links
It (The UN) said the EU referendum campaign had been marked by "divisive, anti-immigrant and xenophobic rhetoric"...
Imogen Foulkes, BBC Geneva correspondent, said the report had made some "pretty blunt criticisms".
She said it had called for politicians to be "much more open about condemning abuse" and for strict sentences against those guilty of expressing hatred.
"There are laws in Britain against hate crime that the UN feels are not being used and that therefore there is a climate of impunity," our correspondent added.
David Isaac, chairman of the Equality and Human Rights Commission, said the organisation shared the UN's concerns and supported its call for "effective investigation and prosecution of all acts of racist hate crime".
"There are concerns that the acrimonious and divisive manner in which the referendum debate was conducted exacerbated worrying divisions in British society, and has been used by a minority to legitimise race hate", he said.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-37193140

Not only is the UN highly critical of the UK politicians during the referendum, but it also highlights the lack of action over race hate crimes.

Hopefully, the police will take note and conduct more rigorous investigations into those expressing racial hatred, and incitement to violence.

lol sorry but I can't take one iota of someones sentiments seriously when they use the phrase ''race hate crime''. Every crime is a hate crime for fuk sake :mrgreen: It's just a weaponised word like 'racism' that neo-leftists use to bager people into compliance with. Basically liberal fasicm, do and say what you want so long as I approve of it.

The left can fuk off.
We've done this one before.
Murder could be jealousy motivated, it could be greed motivated, it could be rage motivated, it could be drink or drugs motivated, etc.
Similarly other crimes have a variety of motivations. A race hate crime is motivated by racial prejudice.
It's simple and obvious when you can think of it in those terms.

Aah, but you couldn't. :rolleyes:

The brexit campaigners lies pales into insignificance in comparison to what the remainers did, with the government in cahoots with eu leaders and other powerful lobby groups to dupe the people.
An example of the remainers "divisive, anti-immigrant and xenophobic rhetoric". If you can.

Last edited:
It (The UN) said the EU referendum campaign had been marked by "divisive, anti-immigrant and xenophobic rhetoric"...
Imogen Foulkes, BBC Geneva correspondent, said the report had made some "pretty blunt criticisms".
She said it had called for politicians to be "much more open about condemning abuse" and for strict sentences against those guilty of expressing hatred.
"There are laws in Britain against hate crime that the UN feels are not being used and that therefore there is a climate of impunity," our correspondent added.
David Isaac, chairman of the Equality and Human Rights Commission, said the organisation shared the UN's concerns and supported its call for "effective investigation and prosecution of all acts of racist hate crime".
"There are concerns that the acrimonious and divisive manner in which the referendum debate was conducted exacerbated worrying divisions in British society, and has been used by a minority to legitimise race hate", he said.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-37193140

Not only is the UN highly critical of the UK politicians during the referendum, but it also highlights the lack of action over race hate crimes.

Hopefully, the police will take note and conduct more rigorous investigations into those expressing racial hatred, and incitement to violence.

lol sorry but I can't take one iota of someones sentiments seriously when they use the phrase ''race hate crime''. Every crime is a hate crime for fuk sake :mrgreen: It's just a weaponised word like 'racism' that neo-leftists use to bager people into compliance with. Basically liberal fasicm, do and say what you want so long as I approve of it.

The left can fuk off.
Murder could be jealousy motivated, it could be greed motivated, it could be rage motivated, it could be drink or drugs motivated, etc.
Similarly other crimes have a variety of motivations. A race hate crime is motivated by racial prejudice.

You can't make laws for sh1t like that - they don't work, they never will

You can't make laws for sh1t like that - they don't work, they never will
I think you've lost the plot, by a long way.

How come ITMA and John Boy never have a green corner on their avatar?

I'm not sure whether to put this here or in the jokes section:
In such a febrile atmosphere Whitehall is likely to recruit some negotiators from other countries.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-37190357
This is to negotiate our way out of the EU.
We don't have enough UK negotiators so we're going to be using some immigrants. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

As its from the bbc its probably best in the jokes section. Its no wonder you post so much nonsense reading that stuff.
You, no doubt would suggest I stick to the DM. :rolleyes:

Nozzle

An example of the remainers "divisive, anti-immigrant and xenophobic rhetoric". If you can.

I wrote "Granted the xenophobia was one sided", so I'm not trying to paint that argument. But as for divisive rhetoric? I'll start with the very daftest and we can go from there. "Brexit = WW3". divisive rhetoric, if ever I saw it.

Nozzle

How come ITMA and John Boy never have a green corner on their avatar?
Next question?
I thought we were answering questions about the Qur'an.
Run out of questions or the multitasking getting too much for you?

Sponsored Links
Back