Everbuild technical support

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Useless, rude, unhelpful.

I know I'm not alone in this but here's the simple and relatively straight forward problem..

I've bought a few foam applicators made by everbuild and consecutively all three I have bought have jammed up. I didn't maintain them, I lent them to people to use who didn't maintain them, basically over time I've had to open the applicators up to clear foam from them, and over time the various bits and pieces have come loose or been thrown away in the foam...

Anyway, I phoned up the manufactures who took delight in telling me ''we don't carry spare parts'' so quite clearly there is no after sales support, if it's broken buy a new one and I said NO.. I want to know how to repair these. I want a drawing showing how it's made so I can source spares myself, or I'm willing to pay for a small pack of spares..

The spares look to consist of ball bearings (used to regulate foam) little springs, washers and the like..

So, these people have turned their backs on it, and I've got 3 applicators totally useless sitting on the table I can't use and am not going to throw away. At £15 a piece, £23 for the professional ! am I not in the right to insist on repairing the applicators? I hardly see them as a thrown away/ disposable product, at what I consider to be a premium for what is a relatively substandard, 'needy' product...

One LAST option is to go to toolstation where I bought them, and take a picture of one, or buy a new one to see how it all fits together and then return it, OR get toolstation to source spares .. someone is phoning me tomorrow to see if they can

Thoughts on this chaps ?

Do you just throw yours away after a week or two :?:

Sponsored Links
Don't bother with Silverline, you will use it once in my opinion. I've started using the Soudal canisters available from Trade Point, they are reusable after a good six months I've found.

While I understand your frustration it's likely that these are bought in as a complete unit and hence no spares available - like so many other things today.

But it seems a bit rich to grumble at the supplier when you have, by your own admission, knackered three of them by not looking after your tools.

How about buying one and looking after it?

I'm grumbling at the manufacturer not the supplier, please re-read =)

ANYWAY

Seems my options are buy again and source the various bits and bobs, OR do a sneaky one which I don't want to do...., but that won't help me when something is lost or dropped again.

Either way Everbuild tech support are useless and I told them so, all the chap I e-mailed did was quote where I said it was my fault for not managing the applicator correctly in order to justify doing nothing about it. Just ignored my request for a drawing/schematic so I could source the spares myself. ZERO after sales support.

Just for anyone reading this avoid these everbuild applicators like the plague, they are useless, require constant maintenance and a general pain in the *******s

Bottom line is for a product that's likely to go wrong or get damaged at some point, they SHOULD sell spares/replacement parts, they don't and that's my problem

Sponsored Links
No - you're dealing with the supplier not the manufacturer.

Either way I agree that it would be good to have spare parts available for everything but, sadly, that's not the way it is anymore.

It may also be that, due to the way the tool is manufactured, the item isn't repairable - crimping and friction fitting are not uncommon on this type of kit.

ANYWAY

Look after your tools

HawkEye244 thinks Everbuild is carp, HA! you've obviously not had dealings with Silverline!!

I lent a router to a a neighbour who burnt it out but he replaced it, the problem was the guide bush didn't fit the jig for cutting worktops, I phoned their customer help line informing them I had a Silverline router and jig and they were incompatible, she was worse than unhelpful, not their problem! And as for their foam applicators, throw away after the first application, their poles for doing plasterboard are good until they break, they have a weakness in the ratchet and one of mine has broken already.

You are talking about a low cost product, likely made in china.

Most manufacturers of such products won't carry spares, mostly likely they don't ever handle them other than when one is sent back as faulty.

I do agree it is rubbish serivice not to provide instructions, there is no reasonable cause for them not to do that.

Most manufacturers of such products won't carry spares, mostly likely they don't ever handle them other than when one is sent back as faulty.

I do agree it is rubbish serivice not to provide instructions, there is no reasonable cause for them not to do that.

Maybe the instructions being in Chinese has something to do with it!!

No - you're dealing with the supplier not the manufacturer.

Either way I agree that it would be good to have spare parts available for everything but, sadly, that's not the way it is anymore.

It may also be that, due to the way the tool is manufactured, the item isn't repairable - crimping and friction fitting are not uncommon on this type of kit.

ANYWAY

Look after your tools

OH

... so it's a 'sweatshop' product ....and the person didn't even bother to tell me they don't manufacture it themselves! bloody hell.

HawkEye244 thinks Everbuild is carp, HA! you've obviously not had dealings with Silverline!!

I lent a router to a a neighbour who burnt it out but he replaced it, the problem was the guide bush didn't fit the jig for cutting worktops, I phoned their customer help line informing them I had a Silverline router and jig and they were incompatible, she was worse than unhelpful, not their problem! And as for their foam applicators, throw away after the first application, their poles for doing plasterboard are good until they break, they have a weakness in the ratchet and one of mine has broken already.

Ironically toolstation sell both the everbuild and the more expensive siverline applicator ! I previously bought 2 everbuild and 1 silverline and both are now sitting collecting dust.. I thought they were both everbuild products, one being branded as a 'professional' and the other two standard. Threw away the box you see. Went in toolsation yesterday and found this out.

I had hoped that silverline might be different but they sound equally as unhelpful ! Think I'll black list silverline for any products over £10

...which gets my goat because they brand both of them as high value in my opinion.

£15 fo the standard and £23 for the 'professional' - which is only a slightly better made more funky looking applicator but is no better at performance

£3-4 each I can understand but clearly they manufacture them dirt cheap and sell them at a premium with no aftersales support. Very questionable :oops:

Maybe the instructions being in Chinese has something to do with it!!

The everbuild ones have a photosized bit of paper with a couple of bullet points on it, no drawings or troubleshooting, e.g. how to clean the applicator IF foam cures inside it, nothing like that... drawbacks of capitalism I guess, if you ask me we should be manufacturing these things ourselves

Hi, I have had nothing but help from technical support teams from various companies. I find if you are straight up with them and polite they will help.
I have even had free of charge replacement stock from the everbuild team when I missed some instructions regarding a floor level.

Sponsored Links
Back