Every cloud has a silver lining..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It was pointed out to me yesterday that if because of Scotland's vote on independence we get what's on offer and what Gordon Brown is also pushing for up north, labour have lost their voice in England forever, even if they get back in no. 10, Thank you Scotland :D

Sponsored Links
It was pointed out to me yesterday that if because of Scotland's vote on independence we get what's on offer and what Gordon Brown is also pushing for up north, labour have lost their voice in England forever, even if they get back in no. 10, Thank you Scotland :D

It's an attractive thought, but bear in mind that politicians come out with all sorts of promises just before a general election. I can't think why!

If they really want to impress the electorate and curry favour, why on earth don't they enact the things they are promising BEFORE the election, whilst they are still in power?

Well, regardless of your political persuasion, it's not a good thing to have a government without a credible opposition.

Well, regardless of your political persuasion, it's not a good thing to have a government without a credible opposition.

UKIP! Bearing in mind they are taking conservative voters in the south, I think PR might be on the agenda again in the not to distant future and it will be Boris asking for it, not Cleggy!!

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
Sponsored Links
Bet you haven't a clue where UKIP will eventually lead you.
-0-

-0-

Well there's one way to find out. Give them a chance to prove themselves. Could they possibly be any worse than LibLabCon?

UKIP! Bearing in mind they are taking conservative voters in the south, I think PR might be on the agenda again in the not to distant future and it will be Boris asking for it, not Cleggy!!

Well there's one way to find out. Give them a chance to prove themselves. Could they possibly be any worse than LibLabCon?

Could be true but that argument works equally well for say the Green Party as well ;)

-0-

You have a point but we DO know where Lab, Con or Lib have led us over the past thirty years or so.... up shiit creek with the paddled jammed up our backsides.

So why not give UKIP a chance?

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
-0-

Hopefully out of the United States of Deutschland! I remember the days before the Common Market, we seemed to have survived before so I'm sure we can manage again..

I see Cameron's election promise is now "Tax cuts for 30 million British people"..

I didn't know there were 30 million rich people living in the UK . ;) ;)

I see Cameron's election promise is now "Tax cuts for 30 million British people"..

I didn't know there were 30 million rich people living in the UK . ;) ;)

I wouldn't take a blind bit of notice of politicians' promises just before a general election.

They lie, you know.

Sponsored Links
Back