Example of "manhole relocation using Y connection"

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I am planning extension to the rear of my house but there is public sewer in the back garden. I've read several posts here that I need to apply build over/close agreement with Thames Water, and they allow re-position the manhole of public sewer outside the house extension and re-connect via a clay Y junction.

Does anyone have example (plan/drawing) of "manhole relocation using Y-Connection"? I'd really grateful if anyone have one to share.

Thanks very much!

Sponsored Links
There is no generic or typical way of doing what you ask. Each job is different. There are an awful lot of variables.

Get whoever is designing the extension to come up with a solution to your drain problem.

I've talked to several architects/surveyors but they're not aware about Y-connection. I think if I show them an example and they might be able to work out a plan like that. That's why I am hoping someone can share approved drawings.

Or can anyone refer architect who is specialized in sewer or knows how to design plans to relocate manhole using Y-connection? I am based in Basingstoke.

Thanks very much!

Sponsored Links
There is no one drawing for a Y connection, there are a multitude of ways of joining and modifying drainage and as mentioned no two jobs are the same, your questions are far too vague to provide you with any useful responses.

If you want a proper response then furnish us with an existing plan and a proposed plan showing what you are proposing, how deep the drains are, which are shared and which are private, where the manholes are etc

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back