Exernal wall below ground level

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Since the wife has likened to the loft conversion later on next year, she had decided she would like to knock through the kitchen the the garden. But i made the mistake of showing her a side passage extension. Doh 1900's Victorian terrace.

Now the question our current garden wall on the boundary is not in a good condition. but only 2 brick are above our neighbours ground level where as we have nearly a meter.
If i remove the wall and rebuilt with Engineering bricks on a foundation of the required dimensions. ( 1m deep x 500mm??)
Will this form a suitable Damp course?? to allow the next stages of construction when we get round to it!

And for future reg approval when the extension comes allong the ground would be left "open" to inspect

Sponsored Links
Are you proposing building a boundary wall that will later become the external wall for an extension and it is your intention that said wall should satisfy building reg's?

Are you proposing building a boundary wall that will later become the external wall for an extension and it is your intention that said wall should satisfy building reg's?
Yes that is correct
The wall will be placed so when completed as an extension the gutting etc will be in my property.
I am away of the party wall act etc
So will be like so if it make sense
[edge of boundary][small infill][new wall]
so on ground level she may gain a foot

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back