EXPANSION VESSEL for Potterton 80

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking for a HOT WATER EXPANSION VESSEL - UP TO 3.2 BAR for the Potterton combi 80. Potterton doesn't make this part anymore.

Does anyone have a tip where I can find this part, new or reconditioned.

Sponsored Links
Would you like to explain that a bit better.

what potterton model 80.

kevplumb said:
doitall said:

what potterton model 80.

it's a combi john :LOL: ;)

No kidding sherlock :LOL: :LOL:

Potty make lots of combi's and why 3.2bar for the hot water

Sponsored Links
pieter3 said:
Potterton doesn't make this part anymore.

Shouldn't think they ever did but I will guess that zilmet may well have. Give us the gc number of the boiler and we may be able to trace it. If not available cap of the existing one (if neccessary) and fit an external replacement (if possible).

what potterton model 80.

the boiler model is 'potterton combi 80', its almost the same as the puma 80.

it uses the same expansion vessel as the lynx.

part no. is 43000701, and is still availible, try mjt controls

cost from mjt controls £70.68+vat.

why do you need a new one, have you had an rgi try to recharge it!!

could also be the hose to it, which can get blocked by debris...

look in my profile, and email me.

I have problems with the hot water pressure and plumber had a look at it and told me the pressure vessel doesn't give a right signal. It signals it has plenty of hot water but doesn't.

pieter3 said:
I have problems with the hot water pressure and plumber had a look at it and told me the pressure vessel doesn't give a right signal. It signals it has plenty of hot water but doesn't.

why am i confused :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

kevplumb said:
pieter3 said:

I was confused Yesterday :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

doitall said:
kevplumb said:
pieter3 said:

I was confused Yesterday :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

the boiler signals there's hot water but there isn't

Start at the beginning with the problem you have....a pressure vessel won't signal anything. Does hot water run hot and cold or does it just have no pressure at all the taps?

With my limited knowledge of domestic boilers, I would question what the hell the expansion vessel hiding in the Potty boiler has to do with the hot water side.

I have problems with the hot water pressure and plumber had a look at it and told me the pressure vessel doesn't give a right signal. It signals it has plenty of hot water but doesn't

Methinks someone is having a laugh.

doitall said:
With my limited knowledge of domestic boilers, I would question what the hell the expansion vessel hiding in the Potty boiler has to do with the hot water side.

I have problems with the hot water pressure and plumber had a look at it and told me the pressure vessel doesn't give a right signal. It signals it has plenty of hot water but doesn't

Methinks someone is having a laugh.

not me marra i'm as confused as you :LOL:

I'm a graphic designer not a plumber....

From the beginning:
There is a problem with the boiler giving hot water. It seems the boiler is confused, so am I.

When opening the HW tap the pressure is sometimes very low. The boiler does make a click sound but will not heat the water.

Facts:
• There is no problem with the inlet water pressure.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back