Expensive Plumber??

Sponsored Links
I am deeply ashamed at some of the advice given to the OP.

Clearly, the poor man has been totally ripped off and must, at the first instance contact Trading Standards/ Gassafe, or Cowboy Builders etc.

With huge sums of money at stake like this, these people need to be outed.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Later found out he's bodge fitted the ball valve, connecting the metric pipe from the tank to the imperial pipe to the taps.

How do you know he didn't swap the olive in the imperial end for a 3/4" one?

Sponsored Links
Last time I helped a neighbor out (5 min job). I never asked for any payment. They stuck an envelope through my door with £50 in it that night.

Thank fook I don't have neighbors like the OP :LOL:

I've got one. Done loads of little jobs for him in his cowboy renovated house, either gratis or for nominal charge.
Supplied and fitted a new bath waste and o/flow the other week cos his was pouring through the ceiling.
Charged him 35 quid, which is nothing as we know, hasn't spoke to me since. :LOL: :LOL:
People on the other side are great, but then he's a heating engineer.

We'll I would advise op if he was that expensive I wouldn't ask him again if I was him. :LOL: :LOL:
Come on get a life, I dread the time when you have to get a gas engineer out,
I hope you have deep deep deep pockets :cry: :cry:

OP, just bcause he lives next door means nothing.

I do virtually nothing for neighbours aside a few who accept I have a mortgage and kids to have to pay for :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

when ever someone wants something done for free/next to nothing i always ask them what they can do for me in return? i usually just get a blank stare and then say to them "my point exactly" :LOL:

Next time someone wants a favour, say Ok, can you wash and polish the car/van while I'm gone please.

Mow the lawn, dig the garden etc are all valid job swaps :LOL:

An accountant you can say great, you can do my accounts while I'm there.

What these idiots don't seem to realise is that a plumber does it for a living. That's where he gets his income to pay the bills/mortgage etc. It's not a hobby.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back