explaining the purpose of neutral wire?

:D :D :D I thought my comment might spark off this sort of banter! Great, keep it up :D

Sponsored Links
Whilst reversing at warp speed in a airplane on a conveyor belt which is turning the opposite way to the forward motion of the airplane, if i were to attempt cut some 3.5mm screws with an electrically powered cutting tool, would the tool work?

20 pages? :)

Sponsored Links
It might be worth noting that the bottom belt of a conveyor belt moves in the opposite direction to the top belt. Thus although the top belt may be going in the opposite direction to the plane, the bottom belt is not.

No one has mentioned the Lorentz contraction. This effect would be particularly apparant at warp speed, which is greater than the speed of light. At such speed, the contraction would result in negative lengths, somewhat akin, IMO, to a person disappearing up his own bottom orifice.

:LOL:

Stoday said:
No one has mentioned the Lorentz contraction. This effect would be particularly apparant at warp speed, which is greater than the speed of light.

The Enterprise doesn't travel faster than light. Warp drive works by warping space, hence the name. Roughly speaking, you shrink space in front of the ship and stretch it behind. The measured speed as seen from outside the warp field is faster than light but, inside, you are travelling at sub-light speed through compressed space. :cool: :cool: :cool:

The idea of warping space has some serious science behind it. Have a look here:

http://dsc.discovery.com/news/2008/07/28/warp-speed-engine.html

and a think hellmouths head is probably done in by now :D
exploding_head.jpg

and so it came to pass that hellmooths head finally did explode

Just had my brain scraped off the wall and stuck back together,the hit to the head has made me wiser....never ask 'simple questions!!!!!'

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back