Extending an extension

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Apologies if this is in the wrong place.

We are considering purchasing a property with a two storey extension that covers 3/4 of the rear of the main house. We are wondering, assuming planning permission was granted, what difficulties we would face with this, what costs we would be looking at and whether it would be possible to keep the living area open plan as it currently is if we were to extend the final 1/4. To the other side of the gap there is a garage which extends to the same point as the rear of the house.

As you may have guessed I have little knowledge of building....or physics o_O. Layman's terms much appreciated (y).

Thank you,
Maddie

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-10-23-02-30-37.png
    Screenshot_2016-10-23-02-30-37.png
    684.9 KB · Views: 142
Sponsored Links
I think it's impossible to tell. The big question for me is why want it done in the first place. The fact that it wasn't suggests there's something to make it difficult or impossible.
I'd recommend getting a builder if you can, or at least a surveyor to go in and look and help there. Also tell your solicitor to look into it, and ask the vendor too.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back