Extension / Conservatory

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,
I am looking to extend my two bed end of terrace house.
The back garden is on a slight incline, so I am not sure if this could cause an issue?
I have no idea about building work at all, just looking to get some ideas or suggestions on what would be best and if I would need permission.

I was thinking either a single storey extension with some velux windows in the roof, or a good sized conservatory. This is the area in question, would be grateful of any suggestions advice or ideas on costs....

11_zps2xjbx19d.png

18_zpstwwmzncv.png

Sponsored Links
Regardless of how well specced a conservatory is, its in no way comparable to a thermally compliant extension. Learn from my mistake, dont believe the hype!

It's a pretty fundamental decision before you can move forward.

Regardless of how well specced a conservatory is, its in no way comparable to a thermally compliant extension. Learn from my mistake, dont believe the hype!

It's a pretty fundamental decision before you can move forward.
Makes sense to me. At this stage, I have no idea what each would cost, just looking to get some ideas on what might work for me.
Do you think I would have any issues getting planning permission?

Also there is a water tap to the right of the french windows as you look at the house from the end of the garden. I am assuming this might need re-routing.

Sponsored Links
My advice would be to ask some specific questions ....
Ok, would I get approved planning permission for an extension? It is quite overlooked hence my suggestion of velux windows.

A new housing development down the road are building the exact same houses as mine layout wise, but they have an extended lounge with velux windows.
I have taken a picture of the floor plan for these houses and added a red box to show how this would be an extension on my home. Hope that makes sense.

Capture_zpsxbnciy5c.png

Capture2_zpslguxm8oh.png

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back