Extension

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We are thinking of an extension across the back of our bungalow. Approx 8 m wide and go out 4 - 5 m This is the apex end of the property and am wondering if there would be a massive difference in price for a flat roof compared to carrying on the shape of the roof as the rest of the bungalow. Just that we have a conservatory that will be removed and as it isn't very old would rather like to use it. That has an apex roof so will not fit on a side wall.

Sponsored Links
Yes would be quite a bit more as you'd have to take some of the old roof off and re cut a new one.

Thanks Tom You wouldn't have any rough guide as to how much would you? I would like to get some rough guide on what it would cost before I take it any further. It will be kitchen / diner as open plan as can be done due to size (not sure if will need any pillar/s)

It's a bit hard with so little information, why not post some pictures and make some measurements
Could be anything from £7k to 15k+.

Sponsored Links
With the pitched roof you could make it a much more open and bright space. The extra cost may be outweighed by added value to your house.

40m2, seriously?

Do you have any cards
I was wondering if we were talking about the whole extension or the roof? In the early stages of planning to do my own 40m2 extension myself to save costs as I had in my mind a rough estimate of £1k per m2 for a builder. Was hoping materials would come out as half that.....

I was wondering if we were talking about the whole extension or the roof? In the early stages of planning to do my own 40m2 extension myself to save costs as I had in my mind a rough estimate of £1k per m2 for a builder. Was hoping materials would come out as half that.....

Yes £1-1.2k per m2 is the norm

Or get Tom to send you some gear through the post, and see how the figures look after a smoke.

Oh ok I've reread his second post, so yeah I was wrong, what you going to do about it.

Lol. I thought I was wrong going by his first post, but as you accepted responsibility first, then we'll go with that. :p

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back