extention drawings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Am building small extension under the permitted development scheme. In order to save on Architect fees, I wonder if I could submit simple but accurate self drawn plans ( without sophisticated software) for the building control dept. Can anyone advise on this and any help on doing so would be greatly appreciated.

kevin

Sponsored Links
I can't really see the point for building control. For planning yes, but BC drawings will need to be detailed and accurate to be of any use. Won't it just be easier to submit a building notice without plans then have them out to inspect at various points?

You can do the planning and BC drawings yourself, provided you have the knowledge. People on here have done their own submissions, some of them even look presentable! :mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
If you are building it yourself, then as above, you don't really need drawings.

If you are getting a builder in - or individual trades - then you would be advised to have drawings. But you would need to be au fait with building construction details, otherwise you might get ripped off.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back