Exterior Horizontal Cracks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

I have a property which has a hipped roof. I have recently noticed on one side there is a narrow crack which progresses for 6 feet or so. The crack is on the exterior wall and is at the very top course below the eaves.

The crack is narrow - not even 1mm in width - and seems not to have worsened given the amount of dirt on the mortar. I don't have any photo's to show I'm afraid.

I am concerned that it may be roof spread but having been in the loft I can't see any obvious issues, furthermore I can't see any internal cracks - not even at the join of wall and ceiling. Everything I have read says external cracks are 3/4 courses below the eaves - not just one as in my case.

The only work on the property has been replacing the old fascias and soffits and cavity insulation. Could either of these two caused the crack?

If anyone is able to give any assistance?
Thanks
Mike.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back