exterior painting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello. I want to repaint the stoneware around my windows. It is mostly painted in Sandtex smooth exterior, Th ground floor has rebuild filled section which is bare. The existing painted stoneware is sound.
I want to repaint the whole lot in an exterior gloss white paint. Any recommendations for a good exterior gloss paint.

Sponsored Links
Why on earth do you want to paint a stone surface with a gloss finish?

It will look horrible and take value off your property.

A good quality masonry paint is all you need, or, if you insist on the 'nuclear option' then go for an oilbased eggshell such as Little Greeen's.

Why on earth do you want to paint a stone surface with a gloss finish?

It will look horrible and take value off your property.

A good quality masonry paint is all you need, or, if you insist on the 'nuclear option' then go for an oilbased eggshell such as Little Greeen's.
I use the term stone loosely. It;s not limestone or anything attractive.,more of a cast type circa 1900 building. In fact none of the properties have bare stone work as it looks orrible. They are and have always been painted. Usually I use a breathable masonry paint, but the finish is always flat, so for a change I decided on a gloss finish. thanks for your suggestion, but I can't find a high gloss white. I think I am going for Dulux trade exterior gloss from the Duluxdecorator center. Although 55 quid for 5L sounds a lot.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back