External Boiler and Fuel tank placement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I have now managed to complete my radiator circuit and have run up with water at 2 bar for 4 hours and no leaks, so all is good, and my attention ahs moved to the boiler aI have purchased. It is a Grant Vortex ECO external version. I have an area down the side of my house where this will sit and ideally where the fuel tank will be placed.

Are there any regulations on how close these can be?
How long in gerenarl is the pipe from the lorry which delivers fuel?

Any advice greatly recived.

Mark

Sponsored Links
There are many regulations about the siting of boilers and especially oil tanks. We have to go on 5 day courses to learn, but anyone with any sense just asks on an internet forum.

Simon, thanks for your input, maybe I was wrong in thinking a diy forum was the place to ask questions.

My tank is 30m from the road, and the tanker had still a few coils of hose on the reel - if that's any help with your planning.
John :)

Sponsored Links
The tank needs to be sited 1.8m away from anything combustible, including the eaves on your house. It also needs to be a certain distance from any drains, groundwater etc etc. With no photos or drawings posted, however, it's impossible to advise on your particular proposed installation

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back