External box replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone. I need to replace existing external box that has been damaged with a new one. System is accenta g3. I'm thinking of replacing with a Honeywell ag6/wb active guard. Are they compatible please. If so which wire would go where?

Sponsored Links
Yes and depends on how it is wired...take picture of old connections in old bell box before you remove it...

Yes and depends on how it is wired...take picture of old connections in old bell box before you remove it...

Thanks for the reply...Problem though, the box was knocked off the wall when we were rendering the walls. So not able to take pic.

OK...Try and described as best I can. There is a nine holed terminal block in the box, from left to right hole 1 & 2 two red wires marked TAMP that goes to a tamper switch on the box screw. Hole 3 marked T blue wire -ve, hole 4 marked A yellow wire -ve, hole 5 marked B black wire -ve, 6 empty +ve, 7 marked D wire is stripped ? red wire +ve. Hole 8 & 9 go to the bell and are black and red.

There are another two wires that went to the strobe light. A black wire and a red wire which has a small green wire that is connected to it with a small terminal block. These didn't appear to be connected to anything. The strobe was not working.

The key panel is showing constant tamper and appears to be in lockout.

Any help please.

Sponsored Links
Ok then you will have to open up panel and post picture of bell connections inside, this will be on the bottom right of the pcb there will be strobe + and - bell + and - and T and A ...

Ok then you will have to open up panel and post picture of bell connections inside, this will be on the bottom right of the pcb there will be strobe + and - bell + and - and T and A ...

Is this it?
grey +ve on strobe, green -ve.

And this is from the siren box...

Strobe set up...

Hi again Sparkymarka...I've had a change of mind and decided to have a go at replacing the old accenta G3 with a accenta G4 compact and connect this to my new box. Is it just a matter of placing each wire from the old panel into the corresponding new one and would the alarm box still be the same set up as above :?: All help very much appreciated.

Yes and no .... It will want reprogramming as your old panel, why are you changing it ?

it's old now, and to be honest when I looked at it properly it looked like something was burning out on the back...transformer I think.

I have all the manuals but haven't looked yet...Is it easy to program?

The older units where better than the new ones ( made in China ).... Less problems , they are easy to program,but there are easier panels to program for a novice ..... Veritas 8

Thanks...but already bought the G4. So if I connect all the cables on the panel, as they were so to speak on the G3. i.e. zone 1 is front door, zone 2 back door/kitchen and zone 3 is upstairs landing as marked on G3 key pad, to the new panel. Connect external siren, power up. Connect 12v battery, alarm should sound, enter user code, enter engineer code, I should then be able to do a walk test?

Yes but you probably need to reprogram it , also be carefull where you bring your cables in on a compact version as there's no room behind the battery. So all in on the cable slot above the battery, and it allways fit a new battery with a new panel , bigger the better in your case a 2.1ah it will fill the bottom section of the panel.

Cheers mate, when you say reprogram, do you mean setting the codes to my personal codes?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back