External UPVC beading.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, I recently had my renderer in to render my extension and he positioned all stop beads correctly and done a decent job however he failed to render around the window and door apertures (leaving a 10mm gap that shows the expander foam from instillation. He told me that I will need UPVC beads to cover these gaps, is this correct practice?

Thanks, Charlie.

Sponsored Links
Generally a trim maybe needed for the top of the window where the lintel is, other than that the rest be it the sides or underneath the window is normally rendered right in to the frame. I imagine there's a reason why its been left short. You do mean the render externally and not the plaster on the inside??

Hello, yes I do mean the externaly rendered blockwork. I have spoken to my renderer and was told that it was more aesthetically pleasing, it's no big deal but a little more hassle.
Thanks, Charlie.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back