EXTRA DEEP FOUNDATIONS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.

Planning a small rear extension. Our post code is RH12 5XQ.

Building Control have told me due to the proximity of a neighbours mature oak I will need more than the standard foundations (i.e. option B below)

I need a ball park as to how much this is likely to cost, if it's as bad I think it will kill the budget and we won't be able to afford any of it and I won't bother getting the drawings done.

Tried a few local builders with this question but they didn't even bother to reply.

A) Standard 10 meters of trench 1m deep + 13m2 of concrete floor.

B) Standard 10 meters of trench 2m deep + compressible material + 13m2 suspended concrete floor.

What would be most helpful to us is, if someone could say something like;

for just the foundations and assuming there are no snags, then for each you're looking at around

A) ? thousand

B) ? thousand

Any ideas on this will be so helpful, thanks.

Sponsored Links
I would say the extraordinary spec' (2m deep found's, suspended floor etc) would add about £4k to the cost of standard jobby providing you have got large digger access and the floor beams do not require a crane.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back