Extra sockets in garage and additional power to patio

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking to extend the number of double sockets in my garage and continue into the garden. I have a consumer unit in the garage already as the house is relatively new. I would like to add at least one double inside the garage and also supply power to the patio for another double and some garden lighting..............................Any ideas would be gratefully accepted

Sponsored Links
it may seem obvious, but for outside socket you will nee to use weather proof sockets.

as for the garden lighting why not use low voltage and put the transfomer / switch / timer/ whatever inside the garge and plug it in.

Not sure what you mean about anyone having an idea...

You need to run a ring around the garage and put all the double sockets into that ring, then into the garden you could run a spur to the weather proof socket you will need to install or extend the ring into the garden.

Does this help you ??

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
jvanhoof said:
Not sure what you mean about anyone having an idea...

You need to run a ring around the garage and put all the double sockets into that ring, then into the garden you could run a spur to the weather proof socket you will need to install or extend the ring into the garden.

Does this help you ??
you giving advice, and you are the one with a problem

Sponsored Links
I have never thought I knew everything, only fools would think that...

but you offer electrical "advice" that you do not understand the question (you said so, not me) and you can not figure your own problem.

welcome to the forums

jvanhoof said:
You need to run a ring around the garage and put all the double sockets into that ring,
No, he doesn't, a radial is perfectly good.

then into the garden you could run a spur to the weather proof socket you will need to install or extend the ring into the garden.
You might think it's a good idea to try and wire a ring circuit in SWA, but others would not agree...

can't see why its a bad idea with 2.5mm or 4mm SWA in decent sizes accesories

im sure i've seen it done with metalclad sockets in places like big exibition halls (no water but lots of big items being moved around that could damage stuff)

there was certainly more than one cable in each socket dunno if it was ring or radial

can't see any difference from a difficulty of installation pov between wiring a ring or a radial in swa

Apart from running it back and terminating it again. Really can't see the point...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back