Extraction canopy and roof joists...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Note: Also posted in roofing section

Hello, need a bit of advice or guidance for a project I'm undertaking at the moment...

I'm currently converting a small converted barn in to a commercial kitchen and am scratching my head of what way to go to secure and install the large extraction canopy.

The canopy weighs 110kg and measures 120cm deep and 200cm wide. I was hoping I would be able to secure this across the roof joists of which are 30cm apart. Would the roof, if it is spread across say 5 joists at the front and back be suitable to take the load?

The other idea I have is to support the back end of the canopy on 200kg brackets and then use the joists to support the front end.

I've been scratching my head regarding this for ages so any help, guidance or advice would be really appreciated!!

Read more: //www.diynot.com/forums/roofin...of-beams-joists.363250/#2751850#ixzz2RWLPC4ab

Sponsored Links
Depends on the roof! but an old barn sounds likely the timbers are probably adequate. You could beef the area up with dwangs (noggins) across a couple of the rafter/joists if you wish...pinenot

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back