Extractor fan in shower room

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to change the 4inch fan in my shower room, the one in there at the moment comes on when i turn the light on and goes of after about 20mins. What i would like to know is do i need to buy a special fan or is it a case of one for one.
Thanks Colin

Sponsored Links
Just look for one with over run / timer on it, fairly standard, but some cheaper ones don't have the facility.

Odd that the LBC insists on overun and yet you can buy them without.

Here's a link to some 4" one's- NB you DO get what you pay for, don't buy really cheap ones. More so cause 4" fans, unless more powerfull really don't muster a decent'air in room change' time.

On the good side a decent one, with an adjustable timer might clear the room air in a few minutes- saving jice bills in the longer term.

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Index/Ventilation_Index/4_Inch_Fans/index.html

Chri5 said:
Just look for one with over run / timer on it, fairly standard, but some cheaper ones don't have the facility.

Odd that the LBC insists on overun and yet you can buy them without.

Here's a link to some 4" one's- NB you DO get what you pay for, don't buy really cheap ones. More so cause 4" fans, unless more powerfull really don't muster a decent'air in room change' time.

On the good side a decent one, with an adjustable timer might clear the room air in a few minutes- saving jice bills in the longer term.

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Index/Ventilation_Index/4_Inch_Fans/index.html

Many thanks Chri5

Colin

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back