EXTRACTOR FAN THAT WON'T TURN OFF!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just moved house and in the downstairs loo theres an Expelair extractor fan which begins operating whenever the light in the loo is switched on. When the light is switched off the fan continues to operate.....and never stops for about 20 minutes.. :eek: .Does anyone know how I can regulate it? I can't seen to see any visible switches to alter the timing.. Do I take it apart.. :evil: Any suggestions Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Assuming you have a standard mains timer fan there will be a small over run ajustment screw inside the fan.

If you have a SELV fan the adjustment scerw will be in the transformer part, not the fan

Make sure you switch the fan isolator off before you remove any covers.

jenny01 said:
I have just moved house and in the downstairs loo theres an Expelair extractor fan which begins operating whenever the light in the loo is switched on. When the light is switched off the fan continues to operate.....and never stops for about 20 minutes.. :eek: .Does anyone know how I can regulate it? I can't seen to see any visible switches to alter the timing.. Do I take it apart.. :evil: Any suggestions Many thanks

over run timer must be set to max, inside you should find a small screw like looking object than you can adjust and should go down to about 2 min when fully adjusted down.

Xpelair are a decent fan, especially there older ones. When cover is off and power off, give blades a clean, this will make it more efficient and quieter.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back