F&E tank location

iep

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How far above the highest radiator does the F&E tank need to be in an open system?

Cheers,

iep

Sponsored Links
Its a simple s plan system in a bungalow. The house has a semi converted loft room which currently has no radiators and I'm trying to work out if I can add a radiator to this room if I raise the existing F&E tank.

If it only needs to be 500mm above the top of the highest radiator, I think it might be possible to add the radiator without too much hassle.

Other than the F&E tank, are there any other considerations I would need to be aware of? The pump is below the boiler in the kitchen and is a grundfos 15/50 so I think it should be happy enough to drive the water an extra 3m up to the loft.

Cheers,

iep

Sponsored Links
....The pump is .... a grundfos 15/50 so I think it should be happy enough to drive the water an extra 3m up to the loft....

The pump doesn't have to 'drive' the water up to the loft - the rad. is (or should be) already full of water. The pump just maintains a pressure differential between the flow and return, no matter where they run to.

You could create extra head by using a lower height radiator...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back