Fagor fan oven element replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

My fan oven tripped the trip switch earlier and now no longer heats up, despite the light and fan still working, and the grill element still heating up.

Therefore, after much Googling, I think the element surrounding the fan has broken, and I have removed the back cover of the oven (from the inside of the oven) to expose the element around the fan. The problem is, the element is held in place by rivets and not screws so I cannot remove it. I have some pictures, but have yet to work out how to post them in here!

I have not looked at the rear of the oven as it is a built in unit and would rather not remove it unless I have to. Would removing it help me getting the element out at all, or should I attempt to drill out the rivets from inside the oven? Or any other tips or ideas?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Jackson[/img]

Sponsored Links
EDIT; Picture now up showing how the element is fixed in place

IMG_0043.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back