Fanfare 15/30 will not fire up.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The fan failed on my Fanfare 15/30 boiler, and the boiler has been idle for a few months. The fan has been replaced and runs fine. The pilot light ignites ok, but the main burner will not fire up. When the High / Low thermostat switch is operated, the gas valve clicks, as though a solenoid is operating. But nothing else happens.
Is there anyone that could shine a light on this for me please.
Many thanks ...

Sponsored Links
I would wonder if the fan was replaced by a competent gas registered engineer as it should have been. In which case he should have known how to make it work.

Its possible the gas valve has failed but we dont give advise on DIY gas work on here.

The competent engineer is needed to come back.

Tony

That's a little bit of an odd statement to be making on a DIY orientated site is'nt it. And a little bit self righteous too.
Also, i don't recall saying who? the fan was fitted by. Registered or not.
I am fully aware that gas work needs to be carried out by registered tradesmen. And like many, there are good and bad out there.
As a first introduction to this site and forum, You attitude sucks!!

** Never assume, always Check **

Sponsored Links
You have asked for advice on gas related matters which is not given on this forum.

When I explained that the fan should have been fitted by a gas engineer and made it clear that we cannot advise you on gas work here then you just become abusive!

Exactly what attitude would you like me to have?

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back