Farage this morning

I think deep down you know Ukips one or two seats isn't going to make any difference, so option 1 is out. We can only hope option 2 comes to pass.

Sponsored Links
I seem to remember bailing out the banks and the Iraq war cost us a lot of money and they were supported by Lab/Con, as was the deregulation that led to the bubble/crash

...and the Iraq war cost us a lot of money and they were supported by Lab/Con, as was the deregulation that led to the bubble/crash
That's true but was all based on Blair's lies. I remember him saying 'if you could see what I can see you would know that we have no choice'. At that point I changed my mind, as I think a lot of people did. If the Country had been told the truth we'd never have agreed to get involved.

Sponsored Links
I think deep down you know Ukips one or two seats isn't going to make any difference, so option 1 is out. We can only hope option 2 comes to pass.

Don't be so pessimistic. How many seats did they get in the European parliament last year? :D

default on China and make our own goods.
Except China doesn't own much of our debt (the same as it only owns about 10% of US debt).
Most debt is internal, so defaulting mostly screws us more than anyone else (this is again true for the US).

This was my whole original comment:
Then let's get together with the rest of the world and refuse to pay extortionate interest or -
default on China and make our own goods.
Oh, wait a minute, isn't it all a con?

I thought Farage was hard done by on 5Live today, when he was taken to task for some of the unsavoury characters that support UKIP. He can't be blamed for some of the people that latch on, and specifically said he does not allow the likes of BNP or EDL to join. They dwelt on this too long for my liking once he had dealt with the point.

I thought Farage was hard done by on 5Live today, when he was taken to task for some of the unsavoury characters that support UKIP. He can't be blamed for some of the people that latch on, and specifically said he does not allow the likes of BNP or EDL to join. They dwelt on this too long for my liking once he had dealt with the point.

It's not only the left-wing BBC, though. It sometimes seems that everyone and his son is trying to pull dirty tricks against UKIP.

That suggests to me that the main political parties are becoming increasingly scared of UKIP. :LOL:

That suggests to me that the main political parties are becoming increasingly scared of UKIP. :LOL:

Hear, hear, JBR. I honestly think both of the major parties are running scared. Scared , because Ukip is talking about the worries a lot of the electorate have. OK they won't "get in" or hold the balance of power this time round, but fast forward a few tens of years, and I think they are going to become a major force in British politics. ;) ;)

Europe will change somewhere along the line and go back to having autonomous countries in a trading block. It's just a matter of time. Then UKIP will be history. Nigel Farage will be history at this election.

Remember folks: "Vote UKIP and wake up wth Ed".

Europe will change somewhere along the line and go back to having autonomous countries in a trading block. It's just a matter of time. Then UKIP will be history. Nigel Farage will be history at this election.

Point 1 - I agree. I have said the same.
Point 2 - Perhaps. If there are any more threats to the country, or if the remaining parties continue to run the country badly, perhaps not.
Point 3 - I have every confidence that Nigel will be elected but, if not, the general consensus within the party is that he should continue to lead. He is, after all, an excellent speaker.

Edit: BTW, has DC got fed up and gone home?

That might be true but surely anyone with any self respect should vote for who they believe in and not vote Tory just to keep Ed out.

Sponsored Links
Back