Farrow & Ball Paint Peeling - Help

thatbloke your right, I was going to suggest that, farrow and ... are well over priced. Undercoat the area that is giving bother, sand it and then apply the rest.

Sponsored Links
I would use an undercoat with a paint like Farrow and Ball, its unpredictable at the best of times.

I've never had any bother applying F&B estate emulsion over mist-coated fresh plaster. What sort of undercoat are you suggesting?

Cheers
Richard

A farrow and Ball o9ne perhaps?

They do a wall primer, but I've not found it necessary if a mist coat is used.

If you really wanted to put a full coat of something under the F&B you could use a cheaper emulsion of a similar hue.

Cheers
Richard

Sponsored Links
I have just had a major problem.
New skimmed newly plasterboard walls, dried for over 3 weeks.
Some Tetrion "deep" filling"
Applied 20% mist F&B primer/undercoat, which went on fine with roller and brush around edges.
( as recommended by F&B for their emulsion)
Filled small indentations and small amount of flaking with Tetrion, sanded and dried.
Applied second coat of F&B primer, areas where I filled have flaked.
Contacted F&B and apparently Tetrion filler is too alkali for the primer!
Any suggestions on how to fill the flaked areas completely flat and what with so not to have to strip whole wall and repaint!

Thanks Steve

I would advise starting a new thread as this one is over 7 years old and unlikely to be spotted by most others.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back