Fascia board/Roofing felt

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
on the sides of my extension , I have what I would call a 4 metre 125mm wide sort of wooden fascia board which is fixed flush to the brickwork.
I have seen some pvc that will Hopefully replace this.

What I am unsure of, there is roofing felt from the roof covering half of it,
there is no visible fixings so I assume it was nailed on then folded back on to the roof.

Renewing the felt I do not think I could personally do so
Before I touch it,
Could I prise it off carefully with a wide bolster, or is it likely to split.
I did think of heating it up , but after seing next door set his flatroof on fire
I decided against that

Or would I be better waiting till the weathers hotter or maybe use hot water to soften it up,anything rather than a heatgun or blowtorch.

Then finally please the best method to refix the felt, if succesful to the new pvc,
Maybe some sort of adhesive
Many thanks in advance for taking the time

Sponsored Links
The felt drips are a felt roofers job, not really a DIY job (if you want it done properly) Get someone round and run it through with them.
Blow lamps, Heat guns... hope you have good insurance!

Sponsored Links
Thanks
I think I will try in the summer, and if I damage it then get someone to replace that drip,the wood is so rotten I need to get it off really to assess the damage behind it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back