fast flow waste

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just installed a shower/steam enclosure, the ones that you do not fix to the wall so they can be easily pulled in and out. The waste what come with the enclosure is a fast flow flexible waste, the pipeing on it is not like the ones where you can adjust in and out. I need to shorten this waste so that the water will flow properly. Currently it is the full size and connected to a 40mm compression coupler. On the end of the fast flow waste pipe it goes to a straight insert which fits into the compression so you get a seal. What my question is if I need too shorten this and cut the waste it will loose the insert. Is there a way to shorten these flexible wastes ?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Anyone know how to shorten the waste, if I cut it then it will loose the straight edge what is inserted into the compression fitting ?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Don't cut the flexy - you need the parallel piece at the end.
Can you buy a shorter flexy, or extend the 40mm waste a bit nearer to the appliance - and then fit a shorter flexy?
I would have thought that a 40mm pipe would handle the waste water readily enough though.
John :)

Don't cut the flexy - you need the parallel piece at the end.
Can you buy a shorter flexy, or extend the 40mm waste a bit nearer to the appliance - and then fit a shorter flexy?
I would have thought that a 40mm pipe would handle the waste water readily enough though.
John :)

Thanks for reply what it is the 40mm can handle the waste quite easily. But it is on a pull out shower cubicle, so when i push it back to the wall it is making a kink in the flexi pipe and making the flexi pipe waste higher than the waste pipe its connected to so the water will not run. If I bring the 40mm wste nearer there will be more extra flexi pipe to k ink.

Annoying me it is

Would cutting the pipe then inserting abit of 32mm pipe in the end of the flexi and fastening the 2 together with a jubilee clip work does anyone think ?

Was thinking sbout shortening that section but I cannot get a cut on it without taking the flloor up and it is tiled just after where you can see the ply. I cannot show the kink as occurs when the cubicle is pushed back. The flexi pipe on the picture it happens in the middle of that as there is tom much excess.

I have just installed a shower/steam enclosure, the ones that you do not fix to the wall so they can be easily pulled in and out. The waste what come with the enclosure is a fast flow flexible waste,
can you get at the waste fitting from inside the cubicle to loosen it - then turn the whole thing so that it is at 90 degrees to where it sticks out now ,turn it to the left of the picture . Then the flexi will be doing a gentle bend - as you push the tray back it might swivel and not kink - then tighten up the waste fitting after the pipe has moved the waste in the tray round - might be worth a try

What is on the other end of the flexy? Can it be shortened from that end?

I have just installed a shower/steam enclosure, the ones that you do not fix to the wall so they can be easily pulled in and out. The waste what come with the enclosure is a fast flow flexible waste,
can you get at the waste fitting from inside the cubicle to loosen it - then turn the whole thing so that it is at 90 degrees to where it sticks out now ,turn it to the left of the picture . Then the flexi will be doing a gentle bend - as you push the tray back it might swivel and not kink - then tighten up the waste fitting after the pipe has moved the waste in the tray round - might be worth a try

I can but unfortunately I cannot loosen it from the cubicle . I had a leak under waste on cubicle and used epoxy putty to fix. Without trying to get all this off then no and I would prob damage trap.

It was the same on other end SpecialK with a paralle piece.

What does anyone wreckon about cutting the joist where it sits on so the flex sits in it an maybe it wonk kink ?

with the notches for the electric cable, the two supply pipes and the redundant notch i think theres enough wood been removed from the joist.how about trying to shorten the waste pipe as suggested already and get the flexi to sit in that redundant notch?

with the notches for the electric cable, the two supply pipes and the redundant notch i think theres enough wood been removed from the joist.how about trying to shorten the waste pipe as suggested already and get the flexi to sit in that redundant notch?

Unfortunately the way been described cannot be achieved without taking floor up and I cannot loosen waste from under cubicle due to miliput repair. Do you think maybe take the straight compression off and put a 90 elbow on then abit more 40 mm pipe and try and connect flexi with a gradule loop ?

or

Would cutting the pipe then inserting abit of 32mm pipe in the end of the flexi and fastening the 2 together with a jubilee clip work does anyone think ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back