Faulty tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a mixer tap on my downstairs sink ,for some reason the hot water tap has stopped working gradually to a point where nothing comes out .
The cold water tap is o.k. and i have hot water upstairs.Can anyone help me fix it.
Thanks
Pete

Sponsored Links
You either have a sticking tap washer or a air lock on the hot water side which you will need cold mains feed back up to the hot feed to force the air out into the water storage tank.

Thanks for replying ,i have a mixer tap and a combi boiler how is this done

Pete

Put hose over mixer tap and clamp it, block the end (fold it), turn on cold tap, turn on hot tap, should blow airlock away, listen for "gurgling".
Oh, and have ya trunks on and towels handy !!!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
I am not a plumber or heating engineer.

Are you sure you can do that with a combi boiler?

with an ordainairy boiler and tank yes, because the cold water has somewhere to go, but with a combi boiler the hot water comes direct from the boiler.

I would have thought more likely the tap is "scaled up" our old one was (so we got a new kitchen complete with new tap)

That wasn't the reason we got a new kitchen but the old tap was covered in scale

Your right again breezer.. wont work with a combi...
If the water is hard then likely pipes or tap furred up.

You cannot get airlock from combi boiler on the hot feed.

I would have a look at the mixer tap washer first. 99% of washer normally come off and get struck on the bottom of the seat of the tap so you're only getting hot water thru' 1/8" hole of the washer.This is cause by overtighten.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back