Felt backed carpet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just installed a new felt backed carpet and used the existing gripper strips round the outside. Spent quite a while trying to stretch it with the knee kicker but there are still wrinkles in the middle no matter what I do. The room is only 3m x 4m.

Have I made a balls up of installing it or can you not use gripper strips with felt back (the guy at the shop said I could).

Sponsored Links
The gripper is best suited to hessian backed carpets so that the spikes in the gripper hold on to the carpet backing as the carpet is stretched. The gripper really has nothing to hold on to with the felt backing.

Poor advice from the shop.

You can get specefic feltback carpet gripper, the standard stuff is not designed to do the job.

It could either be that the gripper is not the correct type, or if the carpet has been bent/creased it may not be possible to get the creases flat anyway.

Sponsored Links
You can get specefic feltback carpet gripper, the standard stuff is not designed to do the job.

It could either be that the gripper is not the correct type, or if the carpet has been bent/creased it may not be possible to get the creases flat anyway.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back