Felt tip pen on leather

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My grand child has drawn all over my leather chairs. How can I remove it?

Sponsored Links
1frenchie said:

one person at either side, pick it up and put it outside, some one will soon take it.

and if you meant the pen, depends on type of pen used

one person at either side, pick it up and put it outside, some one will soon take it.

Breezer: Had the word, 'chairs' been singular, not plural, your joke would have made much more sense :D.

Try hairspray and a bit of elbow grease ;). I recall hearing somewhere that it can work.

1frenchie: Did the hairspray tip work as I find I've got a felt tip pen splodge on my leather settee? Would be grateful if you could advise.

Sponsored Links
Tozzy said:

Breezer: Had the word, 'chairs' been singular, not plural, your joke would have made much more sense :D.

The word "child" is singular...remove it. :LOL: :LOL:

libby.3 said:
1frenchie: Did the hairspray tip work as I find I've got a felt tip pen splodge on my leather settee? Would be grateful if you could advise.

looks like frenchie was a 1 hit wonderer so i doubt they will see your question! -make sure you dont fall into the same trap and post back when you are done.

i dont have experience of felttip on leather (yet) but i did remove a biro stain not long ago. after doing some reading it apeared that alchohol was the way and hairspray contained alchohol. however people with brown sofas found the brown coming off, but cream sofas were fine.

my sofa was brown but i desided to risk it as i figured i could redye the brown (dont know if thats true!), i used alchohol gel as i didnt fancy the impuraties in hairspray and i didnt want to wait to get some isopropanol from work. i used a q-tip (cotton bud) as not to affect a large area, and had 100% success it didnt lift the brown either.

that was biro not felttip, but even then felt tips will vary (crayola washables only round here!-other washables arent allways washable!)

Locked to prevent hi jacking

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back