Fence panels and wind

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It's looking increasingly likely that we're doing to get some unusually strong winds at times this week (starting Tuesday in the south), and I'm wondering what can be done to protect fence panels (and their posts).

I have a long-ish stretch of 6 foot high panels which run north to south, and the winds are due from a west-south-west direction so will likely batter the panels.

I'm thinking that if I brace the posts and panels it won't make much difference - if the wind is strong enough it'll blow the panels out anyhow.

Any ideas please, or should I just leave them and hope for the best?

Sponsored Links
It's looking increasingly likely that we're doing to get some unusually strong winds at times this week (starting Tuesday in the south), and I'm wondering what can be done to protect fence panels (and their posts).
Any ideas please, or should I just leave them and hope for the best?

If its going to bad as they say then I think its a case of hope for the best,mine are being held up by mile a minute vine.

I guess I could remove all the panels, but there's about 20 of them and I think they are all nailed on ...........

Sponsored Links
Are you in an exposed area,there is a potential for a worse storm at the end of the week.

You would be pretty unlucky to lose all of them,go and check to see if there any particularly loose ones and maybe brace them t apart from that let them be.

Heavy duty tie wraps around the posts -through 'ikkle holes' in the panels .Top and bottom.

ok- this is a year late --but -??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back