Ferolli Optimax HE 31C

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I know where I stand with this boiler and your collective opinions.
To be honest it hasn't done too badly. It has been in over 6 years, serviced yearly, and been reasonably problem free.

I have just had a call from the tenant to say it is 'playing up', no hot water and no heating, but after a couple of power off's and on's he now reports it is working. Pressure is good but no note was taken of any fault codes when it was not working.

I have contacted the engineer and he is 'around' tomorrow, so I will make a quick assessment, though it may be working, and report to him as required.

I was there yesterday and the boiler was working but I noticed it spent quite a long time displaying a D2 on the screen. I know D2 is not a fault but just wondering if we may be looking at a sticky diverter valve.

Happy to pay to fix but also aware that it could be a start of 'good money after bad'.

Any thoughts please.

Thanks,

andytw

Sponsored Links
Andy might be better asking in the CC where fellows like Ecowarrior might be around to offer some advice

For some reason I thought you had posted in there, sorry Andy
Might mean a phone call to burton tomorrow

Sponsored Links
The engineer I have is ex Ferroli field. He doesn't think much of them either ! He can ring the manuf if required.

I have been reading up on various forums about the D2 and diverter valve and it does appear to be the prime candidate. I understand that the D2 is a delay on lighting up until the return temperature has dropped to an acceptable figure. Yesterday it was showing D2 when the CH had just been set to come on and the radiators were barely warm.

I'll keep an open mind but think I'll at least get the diverter valve swapped, we'll at least then know "what it isn't" if the problem does come back.

andytw

My tenant says boiler was much better after the diverter was swapped but then started getting A3 errors.
Today I had the boiler replaced with a Veissmann Vitodens.
5 year warranty, I will upgrade it to 10.

End of.........I hope. :) :)

andytw

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back