Ferroli boiler no heating or hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, I have a ferroli Modena 80E combi boiler . Both the heating and the hot water have stopped. I have had a plumber out. With him looking at it and the manual he thinks the fault could be the circuit board. But there is also a possibility that it could be the gas valve.
The electrics are fine. There is gas to the valve but not coming out the other end (tested by plumber). When it tries to fire up there is a spark the fan kicks in but no gas coming out the other end of valve (or not opening)
Ferroli are shut till after the new year even though you would think that this may be there busiest time of the year when people really need their service.
I don’t really want to buy a new circuit board when it could be the gas valve.
Any ideas anyone. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Forgot to check this site as found a circuit board cheap bought it and fitted it. Still got the same problem, now have a gas valve on the way. Yes im slightly impulsive as feel bad about the tenants having to use electric heaters. Will check with the plumber to see if he checked the electrics at the valve. Thankyou

Even worse from this post your the landlord, get a qualified engineer to sort this issue your tennants don`t pay good money for you to kill them :evil:

Sponsored Links
So you have called a plumber who cannot diagnose a simple boiler fault.

They you buy questionable cheap spare parts from Ebay.

Its better to get a boiler engineer to repair boilers.

I do hope you have a Gas Safety Certificate!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back